Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Me, Myself and I

Have you ever felt just empty? I mean totally empty? Void of thought or information or direction, yet experience an overwhelming peace at the same time? Have you ever known who you are and realized that you are you no matter what? That's where I am right now. I am who I am. It doesn't matter where I live, who my husband is, who my children are, how much education I have or what my vocation is. It doesn't matter who my friends and relatives are or how much money we have or don't have. I am who I am. I was who I am at 2 years old, 17 years old, 32 years old and now at 55 years old. I am who I am.


There are things about me that are predetermined and of which I have no control, like birth-order and personality type. Then there are experiences and life-situations. My birth-order and personality type determine my response to these and the effect they have on my life. What I understand and believe spiritually also effects my response to situations that effect my life. But at the core I am who I am.


Some people realize who they are early in life and live all their lives as themselves, totally themselves. Some people never know and spend their entire life searching or being what they think other people expect. Some people know who they are and don't want other people to know so they wear masks and the mask changes for different situations.

I've spent a lifetime wondering, searching, changing, adjusting. But now I know. Now I know who I am. I am who I am. I am happy and at peace with that.

The Lord has blessed my husband and me with a year long sabbatical that has allowed us to rest, rejuvenate, search, replenish and resolve. We are looking forward to tomorrow and each and every day after that. It is our desire that who we are is a blessing and a help to each other and everyone we know. I would like to reach out my hand and impart to everyone peace and blessing. I am who I am, you are who you are. I love you. Peace and Blessings!

6 comments:

Pleasant Drive said...

Sweet Sandy, to me you have been an enormous help. You have imparted love and caring and truth into my life, and because of that, I am forever changed.

Sandy said...

The feeling is mutual dear Lindsey.

Amy said...

It's great to hear that you are at a place where you feel that you can be who you are-me, myself and I. It's sad that many people DO go through life trying to be-them, her/him, or just someone else. I LOVE the pictures Mom. I LOVE YOU!!

Sandy said...

It's been a long time coming. I love you too, Sweet.

Ruth - Grandma said...

YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE! MY SWEET AND ONLY DAUGHTER! AS A CHILD, TEENAGER, AND NOW A GROWN WOMEN YOU HAVE ALWAYS MADE ME PROUD TO BE YOUR MOTHER! THANKS FOR BEING JUST WHO YOU ARE. I LOVE YOU, SANDY!

Sandy said...

Thank you Mom. I love you too!

Search This Blog

Loading...